Have faith in what will be
My plan A story consists of some planning and some open-mindedness about where I may end up. Like Dean Thomas explains in his article, life can have unplanned yet pleasant outcomes. I know that I want to help people, so I am in an education program. I may end up doing human services. I want to be a teacher, but maybe someday I realize that I can better a school by becoming a principal, that would be so cool! As for now my plan goes as:
I work as much as possible, and save as much money as possible while I get a degree. Though I am working full time, it is still impossible to save money because of rent, bills, and all of the other surprises life throws at you, but, I hope to have some sort of savings account that is not a laughable amount by the time I get my degree. Anyways,o I will try really hard to get my associates degree, and then hopefully get a little more pay so I can get an apartment for myself instead of living basically in a boarding house with random people. I'd love to have my own space. Since I am not sure of what I want my good ole American "9-5" to be just yet, I am in an education program hoping to work in an urban neighborhood as a teacher, being there for kids who need extra support. My plan is to get experience while I am in school, explore the world, see what kind of things I am good at and make me happy to lure and help me create my career.
The most worthwhile thing is to try
to put h a p p i n e s s in the lives of others
Robert BaddenPowell
Once I get my masters, I don't really want to talk about yearly salary because all I really am aiming for is to live comfortably. I just want the capability to afford my own apartment, put food on the table, afford outings, afford a car, and so on. I am hoping that somewhere along this way I will meet the man who I will spend the rest of my life with, I don't mind when, it would be nice if it were soon-- but I will leave that up to the Universe to decide when the timing is best (well, hopefully there even is a somebody!). I am not sure if I want kids, I used to want kids really badly. When I started working at a daycare I told myself I would never have kids... I suppose I will find out someday. For work, I aim to work at some sort of job where I help others. I also plan to, at least a few times a year, travel to countries in poverty and volunteer. I will also have some sort of local things that I do--speaking at a high school, opening a meeting for abused women, affordable childcare for those in need. I hope to thrive in little projects on the side as well as a steady income. As of now, that is my plan. I am so open-minded though, I find myself thinking "Maybe I should just work at Market Basket for a year and then go buy some tiny shack on a very underpopulated island and get some job there...live in paradise each day. But nah, I help can I bring doing that?. Anyways, so the plan as of now is college->livable job->get married->projects that help people-> build a home->rest of life. Wow.. reading that, sounds all way too familiar!
So, once I finally get my masters and land a job as a school counselor at an urban school instead of becoming a teacher, I have my project of designing and making clothes then auctioning them off for money to help poor people. During one of the auctions somebody takes a video on their iPhone of me giving a moving speech about our true capabilities to help others. The video gets uploaded and shared around social media. Then, five days later, I get a call from one of Oprahs workers, they tell me that she saw my video and would like me to come on the show to talk about bullying. I freak out, and I of course say yes. I have an on screen conversation with Oprah and make people laugh due to my humor charm (lol) and then, I share on screen my dream of being able to help with Saturday Night Live skits...
A couple weeks after I am on the Opera show and return to my normal life, I get a call from Saturday Night Live. I become one of the people that get to write skits for Saturday Night Live. People realize that I am hilarious, they love my work, everyone finds the skits hilarious. While doing this job, I get into acting for big hollywood films and become a huge actress that I accumulate enough money to start multiple charities and events, all sorts of different things that help people in poverty. I act in enough film to save up tons of money and have time for my family (not always traveling and never being home). Since I am now seen by many more faces, I speak up and get many others to contribute, to the point where there is a disgustingly large amount of money just waiting to be spent on people in poverty/sickness.
My house is an attractive looking one the color, unique, clean cut, maybe big but definatley not unnecessarily too big (I would never want a bowling alley, or movie theater.. it would ruin the fun of actually leaving the house to do those things), it would be the color Lilac and have lots of pretty greenery. The inside of the house is southern style, warm, loving and inviting. The car I drive is a small cute BMW. My husband also has a passion for helping others, is funnier than me, never too serious, and loves me genuinely and cares for my happiness. When it comes to having kids, if or and not having some of my own, I adopt a few children out of poverty.
As a full time job, I would have an office in one of the orphanages so that I could spend time with the children, I would work in my office managing all of these charities and establishments. Maybe working at home would be nice sometimes, but I would want to spend as much time as possible going out, talking to groups of people, changing thoughts and changing lives. I would travel to a country in poverty and make relationships with the people there, giving them hugs, support, sharing laughs, give them food, and I don't care if they recognize me as a famous person or not, I just want to spend time with them and watch a starving person enjoy a plate of food. I want to see a child who is suffering in pain from an illness be cured and go home happy and feeling good in just days. I would spend my work week organizing and planning how to help people. Maybe a few times a year I would go on an enjoyable vacation. I would enjoy the vacation so much more knowing about all of those people who are now in a better place.
I also have multiple side projects that I constantly spend my free time with. Ive always thought id be cool write and direct videos which would be mass produced and shown in school. This video would be so strong that it would fight against gang violence, bullying/self acceptance, and drug use-- these videos would be shown to high school kids and the videos would not be corny or made fun of, they would be well produced, using images and people in reality--trying to connect with the teens rather than make it sound like lecturing. Other projects would consist of maintaining the finances and managing the circumstances of each hospital, orphanage, or other establishment which I and the help of others are supporting.
Once there is a war on Poverty
humans on earth will finally function properly
Lets get our money together
Lets force this to happen
surrender to what is
let go of what was
have faith in what will be
My life was so fun, but it wasn't right,
so I made the change, for a future so bright.
But why, Grace, did I loose all your light?
Why, Grace? I used my foresight!
When I used to be bad, all my grades were good
I had all my money, and all that I could.
I thought life would get better, am I misunderstood?
Now that I do right, many said that you would.
Bless me for being strong, and making myself behave,
why do you punish me, for fighting each crave?
Grace, where is the road you promised to pave?
Now things are so bad, I'd crawl under a cave
I refuse to give up, I refuse to debate
I have seen all your ways, the joy you create
I have seen all your ways, the joy you create
The road is windy now, but I trust you with my fate














Sena,
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I like the effort that you put in and all of the details that unfold in your ideal visions of your future. You have several, very specific visions and missions. Helping others seems to be the most common theme - from school teacher to running an orphanage, to making inspiring videos for teens.
Lots of creativity. Lots of very good ideas. It can be done!
I also like your poem on grace. It has a great flow, and it is very professional in tone - in that it could be on a card. Maybe you could put it into a homemade card for someone that needs to hear that.
That grace will be there to help along the way.
Powerful realization.
GR: 95
Great idea! I think I will use it on a card for my recently widowed grandmother, thanks for the idea!
ReplyDelete