I fought the fight
To love my job
The reason why I feel so much gratitude toward my job is
because I have had jobs in which I knew were unfulfilling, I wouldn’t know the
good without the bad. I work at an Elementary school, assisting a classroom during
the morning and working as a group leader in the after school program. I love
it because I know that the kids look up to me, and they enjoy my attention- and
I happily give it to them with great effort and kindness. I feel as though I am
giving them the attention they want while displaying that “cool” people should
be kind, polite, and care for others.
All of the previous jobs I have had, I
felt like I was just running in circles around town, waitressing, working at
places like Abercrombie and Fitch, I just felt like a robot. Not that there is
anything wrong with having those jobs, there is a point I’d like to make: which
is that different people are a better fir for different things. Maybe somebody
works at a job that others would scorn, but it works for that person. So, that
is where they belong; where it works and is a good fit for them regardless of
what it is.
I am a passionate person;
I needed more gratification at a place in which I spent SO much of my time. I needed
to know I was displaying love and care to other human beings in this world. I
started off with volunteering at a homeless shelter and volunteering with women
with special needs and autism. I started to realize how good it felt to put a
smile on someones face, the warm amazing feeling after climbing into my car and
driving away after it was over. Not only that, but all of the small wonderful
moments you share with others because you were there.
d o n o t g i v e u p ;
g r e a t t h i n g s t a k e t i m e
At the homeless shelter, I remember a little girl telling me
that girls were calling her ugly. She was not ugly, she was about 6 years old. Also,
I do not even believe in people being “ugly”, people are unique—it’s what makes
us who we are. Anyways, I told the little girl that she was one of the
prettiest girls I have seen in my entire life and that they were just saying
that because they were jealous, bored, and mean (she said that her mom told her
the same thing). She seemed to be on the same page with me. Then, I looked at
her, very close-- face to face, and I said “Pinky promise me that the next time
somebody says anything mean to you, that you will remember it is because THEY
are rude which is an ugly thing to be. And promise me you’ll remember how
beautiful I told you you are? I never, ever lie!” and as we slided our pinkies
together, it made me realize, wow… I want to do this every day. I thought to
myself “I need to get into a job where I am given the opportunity to give back”.
I think that no matter what your job is, if you ask for it
in your mind, you will be given opportunities to turn somebodies frown upside
down. Even if you are a waitress, you can compliment a person who clearly made
effort into their hair and make-up. You can try to pay attention to a senior
who is eating alone (something that makes all of us want to cry). I find
gratitude in my job because of my co-workers being wonderful understanding
people, my freedom to be with the children sharing special moments
t h e r e i s a c a l m n e s s t o a l i f e
l i v e d i n g r a t i t u d e , a q u i e t j o y .
- Ralph H. Blum
You wanna change the world?
I gotchu dawg, I gotta
sprint,
Aint got time to jog
Ima get this dream on track
We’ll show em all
That we stand up, each time we fall
Food, water, health for those who need
No time to waste, we jus gotta feed
These kids out here, going through trash
Im out to find em, I wont have that
Five year old kids in the burbs wit a iphone
But when it comes to charity
They say they money blown
What are we doin?
Why aint it poverty we pursuin’?
We gotta open peoples eyes to these poor kids out here
While we on our phones, they all up in fear
Of how they gon get they next meal
man that aint right
But if we gonna do this
We gon put up a fight





Sena,
ReplyDeleteGreat post. Most beautiful design. I really like how you matched your text colors to the color scape of the images. It looks amazing... and professional.
The story from the homeless shelter is very touching - these are the little moments that wake us up, show us the way, and give us purpose. They help us tap into that purpose. Hold on to that moment. Surely, it was important on your life timeline.
Excellent work. Your poem is great. Awesome rhymes. Steady flow.
GR: 90 (late)